|Enter Destination||Arrival Date||Nights||Adults|
|Fishing Permits||Per Day:
||Per Half Day:
|Residents of the Swan Hotel||£44.00||£25.00|
When fishing on the River Coln please remember to carry a valid Rod Licence and permit at all times. The water bailiff has a clear view of the river and may ask you to produce the necessary documentation. Please complete details of your catch in the Return Book which is kept in Reception. Also, anglers are asked to ensure that no refuse or old line is left on the bank or in the river. The Environment Agency (formerly NRA) Rod Licence is available from your local Post Office. Although there is a Post Office in Bibury the opening times do vary and we would advise guests to obtain their licence prior to arriving at the Swan Hotel.
|Rod Licence||Coarse Fishing|
Concessionary fees are available for 'Blue Badge' holders and Senior Citizens (over 65 years old). Licences can also be obtained on-line at http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/fish.
Please note that the following regulations apply:
1. Fishing is reserved principally for the Swan Hotel’s resident guests, to whom the hotel offers first refusal and the facility to book specific days. Non-residents are welcome to fish, though the hotel is unable to make advance bookings for non-residents. A telephone call on the day will normally suffice.
2. Fishing is by 'dry fly' only and is only permitted from the Rack Island bank between the wooden footbridge and Arlington Row bridge. Rack Island is owned by the National Trust so we request that care is taken not to abuse this access. Fishing is not permitted between the footbridge and the stone bridge opposite the hotel.
3. To protect the wildlife population, dogs are not permitted.
4. Wading and net fishing are not permitted.
5. Fishing from the hotel garden is not permitted.
6. Bag limit is three fish, each subject to the statutory minimum weight of 2lb, or current metric equivalent.
7. There is a maximum of three rods at any one time.
8. Permits can only be issued on the production of a valid Environment Agency/NRA Rod Licence.
9. Please bring your own fishing equipment. The Swan Hotel is not able to provide you with any fishing equipment.
10. Please contact the Environment Agency for full terms and conditions.
The Kitchen will, of course, be delighted to prepare and cook any catch, to your reasonable request.